This recipe is so easy and a lot of the work can be done ahead of time to make this a quick weeknight dinner. This salty and sweet combo has a great balance of carbs, fats, and protein. Plus it is gluten an dairy free!
1 teaspoons Chives (fresh)
1/2 fruit Avocado
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 cup Diced Red Onions
1 pound 85% Lean Grass Fed Ground Beef
2 Sweet Potatoes, Medium Size
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes well, then pat them dry.
3. Pierce each potato with a fork several times.
4. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Remove potato from oven and reduce heat to 375.
6. While the potatoes cool, brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add the onion, sautéing it until it is translucent and add salt to taste.
7. Sprinkle minced garlic over the meat and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. When the sweet potatoes are cool to the touch, cut them in half length-wise. Set each sweet potato
half, face up in an oiled 10×13 baking dish.
9. Scoop the meat mixture on top of each potato half. bake for 20 minutes.
10. To serve, top each potato with chopped avocado and chives.