Here at Trivida we love a recipe that is comfort food, yet healthy as possible. These pancakes are a perfect example. By replacing wheat flour and butter with steel-cut oats and coconut oil, you can have a tasty and satisfying breakfast treat without sacrificing your nutrition. The steel cut oats add a nice texture and the blending makes for a very fluffy cake. They are excellent with blueberries an chocolate chips as well. When it comes to syrup we recommend good quality real maple syrup or some honey (local if possible) or even peanut butter. Enjoy! Thanks to Lori Bixler for providing the recipe.
1 tablespoons Baking Powder
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/4 teaspoons Salt, Kosher
1 tablespoons Raw Local Honey
1 serving Eggs Pastured/free Range/cage Free
12 fl oz Water, Drinking Water, Purified
1 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats
1. Blend oats and water in blender on High for about 2 min
2. Add and blend egg, honey, salt, coconut oil
3. Add baking powder and pulse 3 times
4. Heat skillet on medium and add a 1/2 teaspoon of oil to coat pan.
5. Pour straight from blender into skillet. Let sit until bubbles form on the top side of the pancake then flip.
6. Enjoy with some nut butter, maple syrup, or local Bixler Bee honey